Friday, April 29, 2011

That Instant

You know that feeling That Instant when you have just clicked the send button for an email you are forwarding to a friend with all kinds or remarks about the original email sender and and you realize you hit reply rather than forward.  Now that email is going to the original sender and not your friend – remarks and all!  Nooooooo!

You know that feeling That Instant when you have just hit the lock button on your car door and you and you slam it closed and you realize that the keys are sitting on the front seat of your car?  Nooooooo!

I had That Instant yesterday.  I am a photographer (hobbyist, not professional) I am my daughters “unofficial” club soccer team photographer.  I take pictures of games and their player card headshots for registering their team.  Registration is NOW.  The day before yesterday, the team gathered on a non-practice day and I drove 40 minutes to take their pictures.  All’s good.  Yesterday, I went to photograph my daughter’s  High School soccer team’s game.  I was preparing the camera – I wanted to make sure I had enough room on the memory card for the whole game so (yeah, you know where this is going) Click format card > Are you sure? Click Yes – I mean Nooooooo!!  And there is no turning back.  And they are gone in That Instant

Can you feel my pain?  Can anyone say “Retakes”?!

No comments:

Post a Comment