Saturday, April 30, 2011

Breathable Rain Gear

Our winter was very rainy and since I had recently started hiking/walking (and spend many a rainy day at soccer fields as a soccer mom) I decided that I would look into buying some rain gear (jacket and pants).  When I inquired about my dog walker friend's rain gear, she didn't know what the name of hers was, but she was just more concerned that it was "breathable".  

With "breathable" as my criteria, I did some research.  I found a company whose fit, design and price all fit the bill.  

And of course, I bought my rain gear, wore it once and the rain stopped.  I actually wear the jacket frequently because it's a great wind breaker and despite it's light weight, it is surpisingly warm!  When I first bought my jacket, I had a hard time deciding if I wanted the red jacket or the cool lime green one. I chose the red one, but once I fell in love with it, I HAD to have the green one as well.  I wear them equally. 

Ok so here is my issue - "breathable".  What exactly does "breathable" mean?  Cause although I love my rain gear, I thought that "breathable" meant, you would not sweat in this waterproof material like you would in most rubber suits - but I am!  It's not unbearble and sweating a bit more couldn't hurt on the weight loss front. 

So what do you find is the difference between "breathable" and some standard rubber rain suit aside from style?

No comments:

Post a Comment