Saturday, May 21, 2011

Making Certain Veggies Palatable

I recently bought these:


I am not a huge carrot fan, but in the name of eating healthier I am trying to eat more of a variety of veggies -  including carrots, but only "baby" carrots.



I love this! 


Like most normal people, I eat cocktail sauce on shrimp, but I don't get nearly enough of it since I don't eat shrimp that often.  I did bring some shrimp w/cocktail sauce for lunch, earlier this week.  I had leftover sauce that I put in the fridge at work with the idea of bringing shrimp again the next day, but I didn't.  I did, however pack the dreaded carrots.  When I went to the fridge to get my carrots at lunch I spotted the leftover cocktail sauce - hmmm, I thought, "what if?"

Yup, I did...

 And voila!  A new snack was created! 
Hardly Tolerable Carrots dunked in Cocktail Sauce Deliciousness! 

If anyone would have told me even just last week that I would have finished off a package of "baby" carrots in just a few days,  I would have called them crazy!  I am even thinking of buying a second package this week - more craziness!




No comments:

Post a Comment